Tamatar ki Chutney
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6378 times
Tamatar ki chutney is the authentic recipe to prepare the all time favorite spicy and tangy tomato chutney. A lovely accompaniment to any main course or snack item, the tomato chutney can be stored in the refrigerator and used as desired.
- Chop (large pieces) tomatoes and dates(small pieces)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add the seasoning.
- Once the seasoning crackles add the tomatoes, green chilli.
- Cover and let cook for a while till tomatoes are mushy. now add dates and salt.
- Cook for some more time stirring in between without the cover. make sure that tomatoes do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked completely add sugar and cook till all the sugar melts.
- The chutney should be bright red in color.
- Simmer for a while and turn off the flame. remove the green chilli and pour the chutney in the serving dish.
- Cool completely.
- It goes well with stuffed parathas puris and kachaudis.
This recipe was contributed by lak1700 on 19 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.