Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32291 times
A delicious and simple dal recipe which can be used for party cooking. Given a tempering or tadka with ghee, mustard and cumin seeds and flavored with onions, garlic, simply delicious. Tadka dal is best served with steamed rice!
- In a deep pan, combine the masoor dal with garlic, cumin seeds, salt, turmeric powder and enough water and bring it to boil.
- When the dal is soft, cool and blend using hand blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves and onions and saute till onions turn golden in colour.
- Add the cooked dal, mix well and cook for 5 minutes on slow flame.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by salim_mumtaz on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.