Sweet and Sour Tomato Relish
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 370 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11608 times
Tangy tomato pulp spiked up with a fiery combo of spices and balanced with the right amount of sugar, the sweet and sour tomato relish is a wonderful accompaniment for rotis and parathas. It can be served as a tasteful and nutritious dip for the crunchy, munchy finger foods that your kids are sure to indulge in often!
- Cut the tomatoes into two halves, remove the seeds and strain the juice.
- Roughly chop the tomato pulp. Separately keep aside the tomato pulp and tomato juice.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the tomato juice and sugar. Cook on a slow flame till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the tomato pulp, carrot, garlic and peppercorns and cook on a slow flame for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the fire, add the kalonji, chilli powder, vinegar and salt.
- Allow to cool and store in a refrigerator.
- Serve with chapatis or parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.