Sweet and Sour Stir- Fry ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10821 times
The stir-fry method of cooking is essential chinese and today popular for across the globe. The stir-fry method needs less oil, and retains the nutrients in the vegetables making it healthy! the sweet and sour stir-fry is a beautiful mix of fruits and assorted vegetables tossed in a wok along with chinese sauces. Pineapple juice, soya sauce, brown vinegar and brown sugar add a variety of flavors and aromas and make this dish very appetizing. This stir-fry can be dished out live during a buffet dinner for your guests to enjoy watching it made. Try it!
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the ginger and pineapple and sauté on a high flame for a minute.
- Add the carrots, red capsicum, green capsicum, sweet corn, bean sprouts, spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chinese cabbage and spring onion greens and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, tomato ketchup, chilli flakes and salt, toss well and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.