Sweet Potato Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36959 times
Rich in nutrients and relatively low in calories, this halwa makes a great dessert for an indian meal. Serve hot or allow to cool, and chill. Enjoy these desserts/sweets as an occasional treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. . . The healthy way.
- Clean and wash sweet potatoes and pressure-cook for 4 to 5 whistles or microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Peel, mash and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mashed sweet potatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, ½ cup water, sugar and cardamom powder and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes ensuring that the mixture has little liquid remaining and not completely dry.
- Add the saffron and nuts and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 246 cal|| 3.9 gm|| 49.8 gm|| 3.6|| 32.3 mg|| 130.2 mg|| 589.5 mg|| 1.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.