Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5792 times
Sweet treat from u I hope u 'all like it.......
- Mix ingredients for filling. the mixture should be soft and crumbly.
- Mix ingredients for cover. using water knead to a pliable dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth. keep aside
- Boil sugar and water adding a tbsp. of milk to clear the syrup.
- Boil till the syrup is slightly sticky between the fingers.
- Strain. crush and add the saffron. keep aside.
- Make 15 to 16 flattish balls of the mixture.
- Divide dough also into 15 to 16 parts.
- Roll one part into a puri, place one mixture ball in the centre.
- Pull up all the sides to seal the mixture and press in centre.
- Make 5 to 6 such kachoris, heat ghee and fry on low flame till light brown, turning once.
- Repeat for remaining kachoris.
- When slightly cool, make a hole in the centre of each (approx. 2cm. diameter).
- Pour about half tbsp. of syrup and roll kachori around to let the syrup spread.
- Allow to stand for half hour before serving. note: the unsweetened kachoris may be stored without refrigeration for one week and sweetened as required .
This recipe was contributed by sweetyparekh on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.