Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup ( Mexican)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 275 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18447 times
This Mexican soup lures you with the smoky aroma of roasted capsicum! It is packed with the vibrant flavours of sautéed onions and flame-roasted capsicum, which contrast beautifully with the soothing sweet corn base.
Make sure you sauté the onions in butter, because that enhances the taste of the Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup significantly. A bowlful of this delightful soup is sure to make your day special!
Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup, Burritos and Mexican Fried Rice make a hearty meal.
- Brush little oil on the capsicum, pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over an flame until the skin blackens.
- Remove from the heat, rub off the burnt skin and chop it finely. Keep aside.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels, milk and ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted and chopped capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared corn mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water, prepared cornflour-water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.