Sweet Corn and Asparagus Soup ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14058 times
Sweet corn and asparagus soup, juicy, sweet corn and fresh asparagus make a unique choice as soup ingredients- in fact it is a winning combination! although traditional sweet corn chinese soup is more popular, adding asparagus makes for an interesting twist. If you spot juicy asparagus stalks in the market, then you definitely must try this soup. Blanch the asparagus and ensure that you retain the fresh green color in the soup, a great contrast to the bright yellow corn in the soup. Soya sauce, sugar and salt add the other flavors. A thick, delicious soup that will please your guests!
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Grate the corncobs and keep a few corn kernels aside.
- Combine the grated corn and 4½ cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the asparagus, sugar and salt and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture, mix well and boil for a minute or till the soup thickens.
- Add the soya sauce and mix well. Serve hot with chillies in vinegar and chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.