Suva Masoor Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12367 times
An unusual combination of ingredients viz. Suva (dill) and Masoor. Abundantly rich in protein, calcium, iron, folic acid and zinc, Masoor makes a good combination with sweet tasting Suva to make a delicacy in itself. Garlic adds its own unique flavour and perks up the taste of the dal.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal for about 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Remove, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for 30 seconds.
- Add the curry leaves, garlic, green chillies, onions and dry roast till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the cooked dal, dill leaves and ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 27 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 8.1 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.1 gm|
|Calcium|| 13.2 mg|
|Iron|| 1.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.