Suva Masoor Dal ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12618 times
Suva masoor dal, a perfect combination with steaming rice, this low- cal spicy dal is perfect to get back to pre-pregnancy shape. Dill leaves and garlic add flavour and iron, turmeric is a well-known anti-bacterial agent, while masoor dal strengthens muscles which become weak after delivery.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal for about 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and 1¼ cups of hot water and pressure cook for at least 2 whistles
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Remove, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, garlic, green chillies, onions and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the cooked dal and ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the dill leaves, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot garnished with curry leaves.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 81 calories|
|Protein|| 4.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.2 gm|
|Fat|| 1.4 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 170.3 mcg|
|Iron|| 1.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.