Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34392 times
1. be very careful while frying to make sure the ghari doesn’t stick to the bottom of the frying pan.
2. the ghee for the garnish should be firm.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai (or non stick saucepan)
- Add the ricotta cheese and paneer.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until the cheese and paneer are thoroughly mixed and all the water is absorbed.
- In a separate saucepan, roast the semolina for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add to the cheese mixture.
- Add the condensed milk and sugar and continue to stir.
- The water will gradually be evaporated from the mixture.
- Add the almonds and pistachios, once the water is evaporated.
- Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Mix in the ground cardamom and saffron.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Make balls approximately 1inch diameter.
- Add the ghee to the flour and mix well.
- Add enough milk to bind a soft yet firm dough.
- Make small pea sized balls and roll out to thin puris of about 3 inch diameter.
- Place a ball into each puri.
- Pull up the sides to completely wrap the ball.
- Carefully remove the excess dough from the top and make sure to press dough to seal.
- Slightly press the wrapped ball to make the top flat but still about almost 1inch thick.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan on low heat.
- Fry the puris on both sides till very light golden in color.
- Set aside for 3-4 hours to completely cool.
- With clean hands, whip the sugar and ghee until light and fluffy.
- Dip the gharis and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place slivers of almonds and pistachios on the top center.
- Set aside for the ghee to become firm.
- Your ghari is now ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by archena on 28 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.