Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48526 times
A traditional way of preparing the delicious suran ki bhaji. It is best enjoyed with chapattis.
- Wash the yam, remove the skin and cut into small cubes. Keep aside.
- Grind the coconut to a fine mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure pan, add the cumin seeds, green chillies,saute for a minute.
- Add the yam, coconut paste, water, kokum or tamarind and salt, mix well and cook in the pressure pan for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by ganagha on 09 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.