Suran Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14376 times
An unusual combination of flavours and ingredients creates a sumptuous snack that is sure to tickle your taste buds. Makes a great burger filling too.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the chana dal and sauté it till it is light pink in colour.
- Cool and grind the chana dal to a powder. Keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the suran and cook over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Add ½ cup of water and cover and cook till the suran is soft and all the moisture has evaporated.
- Cool and grind to a paste along with the mint without using any water.
- Combine the chana dal powder, suran mixture, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape them into kebabs on metal skewers that are 100 mm. (4") long.
- Brush each kebab with a little oil.
- Grill over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are lightly browned on all sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and onion rings.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.