Sukhi Sevaiyan ( Punjabi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30126 times
In india there are numerous desserts that call for the use of vermicelli, but this simple dessert is a popular one in punjab. Traditionally, vermicelli was made at home, but now a variety of vermicelli are readily available at most stores. The kind that is absolutely right to use for this recipe is the slightly thicker one, which comes slightly roasted. A rather easy to make and uncomplicated dessert sukhi sevaiyan is one of my favourite punjabi recipes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the cardamom powder and sauté for a while.
- Add the vermicelli and sauté on a slow flame till golden brown, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashewnuts and almonds and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups of warm water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer till all the liquid is absorbed and the vermicelli is tender.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.