Sukhi Bhindi, Punjabi Dry Bhindi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67936 times
Bhindi also called okra or ladies finger has acquired an exotic image in the west, but in fact this is one of the most commonly consumed vegetables in India.
The Punjabis love their bhindi and eat it in every form, fried curries and stuffed. Here this delicious vegetable has been deep fried, making it crisp and crunchy and then tossed in a semi dry masala before serving. Serve sukhi bhindi with some Punjabi Dals / Kadhis and Cooked Rice .
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a high flame and deep-fry the ladies finger in it for 1-2 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai, add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, punjabi garam masala, dry mango powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the fried ladies finger, lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.