by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27559 times
This baingan preparation cannot be labeled a dry subzi and neither is it a snack. It is a delicious preparation of brinjal that have been stuffed with a spicy filling and deep-fried to perfection. It can be eaten along with another subzi or as a side dish to any meal and makes a great dish to serve at dinner parties.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slit the brinjals lengthwise and rub the insides with a little salt. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Stuff each brinjal with 1 portion of the filling and tie the stuffed brinjals with a thread to avoid the filling from falling out.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the brinjals till soft. Remove and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Remove the thread and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.