Sugarfree (low cal) Strawberry Ice-Cream
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10961 times
Relish this delicious ice-cream when fresh strawberries are in season. This rich, creamy, ice-cream is made with reduced milk, thickened with cornflour and sweetened with a sugar substitute. You will need to add less sugar substitute if the fruit you use is ripe and sweet. Taste the ice-cream mixture after you add and mix each sachet to ascertain how much you need to add.
- Mix the cornflour and milk powder in ½ cup of cold milk and keep aside.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil in a non-stick pan and add the cornflour mixture.
- Stir continuously and simmer over a slow flame till it coats the back of a spoon.
- Cool completely. Add the sugar substitute and the strawberries and pour into a shallow container.
- Cover and freeze till firm.
- Liquidise in a blender till it is slushy and pour back into the shallow container. Cover and freeze till the ice-cream is firm.
- Scoop and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.