Sugarcane and Ginger Granita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8507 times
Your favourite summer drink, Ganne ka Ras, can now be served in a more sophisticated way when made into a granita. Buy freshly squeezed sugarcane juice and freeze it quickly as it darkens very quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is set (approximately 4 to 6 hours).
- Transfer to a blender and liquidise till it is slushy.
- Scrape this using a fork and spoon into 4 individual serving glasses and serve immediately.
- Readymade sugarcane juice sometimes already contains ginger juice.
- Taste it and add more to adjust the flavours to your preference.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.