by Tarla Dalal
Added to 599 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15640 times
A lovable subzi made of common ingredients combined intelligently in a quick and easy but exceptionally tasty form! Paneer and sweet corn, you would have noticed, are a made-for-each-other duo. Whether in a pizza, a pasta or a pulao, they complement each other beautifully in form, flavour and texture too. In this Subzi Pasanda too, they are at their best, teamed up with crunchy capsicum and other peppy ingredients. Enjoy this brilliant subzi fresh and hot, while the texture of paneer is still succulently soft.
- Combine the sweet corn and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same broad non-stick pan, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the corn mixture, ½ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed paneer and capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.