Subzi Kadhi ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7931 times
Subzi kadhi, in my variation of the gujarati kadhi, veggies add loads of vitamins, while the low amount of ghee keeps the calorie count down. Having it with khichdi or steaming hot rice makes this a complete meal. Avoid sour curds which may not suit the new mother.
- Combine the besan and curds in a bowl and whisk well till smooth.
- Add the green chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, sugar, salt and 3 cups of water and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the besan-curds mixture and vegetables and coriander bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 87 calories|
|Protein|| 3.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 14.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 96.3 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.