Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10960 times
Have this nutritious dal along with rotis or parathas as the combination of dals with vegetables makes it extremely rich in energy, protein, calcium, iron and folic acid-all the nutrients which are necessary for a successful pregnancy. Green peas adds on to the fibre content of the recipe and helps to relieve constipation. Also, coriander and capsicum are an important source of vitamins A and C.
- Wash and pressure cook the dals together with 2 cups of water till the dals are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add the green chilli and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and tomato and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and mixed vegetables and mix well.
- Add the dals and salt and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|108 gm||195 kcal||10.7 gm||28.4 gm||4.3 gm||306.6 mcg||22.3 mg||53.9 mg||2.3 mg||45.1 mcg||1.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.