Stuffed Spinach Pakoda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34009 times
Rectangular blocks of paneer, carefully enveloped in spinach leaves, dipped in a spicy bengal gram batter and deep-fried.
- Cut the paneer into 8 equal rectangular portions and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, chilli powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the paneer, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for atleast ½ an hour.
- Place a spinach leaf on a clean dry surface and place a piece of paneer piece at its broad end.
- Fold in the edges of the leaf and start rolling from the broad end towards the tapering end.
- Dip it in the batter and deep–fry in hot oil till the pakoda turns light brown in colour and crisp from all sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 7 more pakodas. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with dahiwali phudina chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.