Stuffed Shahi Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 409 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28012 times
As the name suggests, stuffed shahi puris is truly a royal fare! dough prepared with flour and methi, is stuffed with a rich paneer mixture, rolled into puris and deep-fried in oil. The accents of methi contrast well with the soft blend of paneer, making this dish an unforgettable experience.
- Sprinkle salt over the fenugreek leaves and leave aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the water and discard it.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a thin round of about 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle with the help of a little oil.
- Put one portion of the stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to cover the stuffing completely. Roll out again into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle with the help of a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining portions and stuffing to make 11 more stuffed puris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.