Stuffed Potatoes and Tomatoes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7376 times
The rich stuffing transforms the lowly potatoes and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion , coconut, garlic, coriander seeds, aniseed, poppy seeds and peppercorns for 2 minutes.
- Blend the mixture into a paste in a blender with a little water.
- Add the chilli and turmeric powders, coriander and salt.
- Make four slits in each potato and tomato and stuff with the paste.
- Heat the oil and add the stuffed potatoes and tomatoes, the asafoetida and 4 teacups of water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.