Stuffed Paneer Green Pea Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23764 times
A wholesome stuffing of paneer adds value to these spicy green pea parathas. Enjoy them with curds or dip them into a chunky dal for a memorable meal that provides you with bountiful of protein and calcium.
- Combine the green peas and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Combine all the ingredients including the green pea paste in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using no water. Cover and keep aside.
- Soak the raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain and chop roughly.
- Combine the paneer, raisins, green chillies and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the green pea dough into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the paneer stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ½ tsp oil, until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 165 kcal|
|Protein|| 6.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 18.6 gm|
|Fat|| 7.3 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.4 gm|
|Calcium|| 100.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.