Stuffed Mushroom Buns ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11991 times
Stuffed mushroom buns,an ideal snack for all mushroom lovers which can be eaten anytime and anywhere.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast and sugar. Pour warm water on top and leave for 5 minutes until froth comes on top.
- Add the salt and butter and make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead the dough very well for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cover the dough and leave for at least 1/2 hour or till double in size.
- When double in size, knead the dough again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 16 parts, make small balls and put on greaseproof paper. Leave for 20 to 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the onion and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds. Add the ginger, garlic and green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour in 1/4 cup water and add to the mixture.
- Add the tomato sauce and salt and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stuff each dough round with a little mushroom filling.
- Put the rounds on a greaseproof paper and leave for 20 to 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Steam for at least 15 minutes. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.