Stuffed Kand Sandwich ( Faraali Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12883 times
These dainty looking sandwiches call for a little effort in cutting and cooking the purple yam pieces, but the end result is just awesome. Serve it with fresh curds or enjoy it as is.
- Peel and wash the purple yam and steam it in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cut the purple yam into 75 mm. (3”) x 50 mm. (2”) pieces of ½ cm. Width. You will get approximately 20 pieces.
- Sprinkle a little rock salt and pepper on the purple yam pieces and toss gently.
- Apply 1 tbsp of green chutney evenly on half the purple yam pieces and sandwich using the remaining pieces.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each kand sandwich, using a little oil, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.