Stuffed Bulgur and Brinjal Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12008 times
Brinjal are filled with spicy cracked wheat, which is cooked with assorted vegetables and mixed with rich creamy tomato sauce. You will fall head-over-heels in love with this scrumptious dish!
- Boil 1½ cups of water in a pan, add the bulgur wheat and cook till it softens. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in another pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots, capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander and sauté for another few minutes till they are cooked.
- Add the bulgur wheat, oregano, salt and pepper stir for another 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato sauce and cream, mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan, cut the brinjal into two halves and place them in boiling water and cook till soft.
- Remove and cool.
- Scoop the flesh of the brinjal and discard it.
- Stuff each half of the brinjal with 1 portion of the mixture and place them in greased baking dish.
- Repeat the same procedure for the other brinjal.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.