Stuffed Buckwheat Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20956 times
These innovative buckwheat pancakes stuffed with a tangy filling are packed with iron, potassium and fibre.
- Wash and soak the buckwheat in the curds mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grind the mixture in a blender to make a smooth batter.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with oil lightly.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread evenly to make a thin pancake of approx. 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Cook on both sides over a medium flame using a little oil till it turns golden brown.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture on the pancake and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 3 more pancakes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy|| 129 cal|
|Protein|| 5.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 19.8 gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 gm|
|Sodium|| 150.8 mg|
|Iron|| 3.3 mg|
|Potassium|| 115.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.