Stuffed Bhavnagri Mirch Kadhi
by Shreya Jaiswal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9260 times
If you are tired of making the same old kadhi and want to do something innovative, here is a recipe you are gonna love for sure.
Add your private note
CONTEST WINNING RECIPE
For the contest
Stuffed Bhavnagri Mirch Kadhi recipe - How to make Stuffed Bhavnagri Mirch Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- Slit bhavnagri mirch lengthwise from one side not separating from the base. Remove seeds.
- Mix salt and all the spices to mashed potato. Stuff potato mixture in mirch.
- Heat oil in a flat kadhai. Place stuffed mirch in the pan and turn the heat to low. Cover with a lid. Turn over the mirch once the underside is cooked.
- Cook from both sides, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Combine the curd, besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt with 4 cups of water in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add cloves, fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds,asafoetida,mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add curd mixture and bring to a boil stirring continuously. Simmer and cook for 8-10 min till smooth and thick. Remove from heat.
- Before serving reheat kadhi, add bhavnagri mirch. Cook for 3-4 min.
- Pour in a serving bowl and serve hot with roti or rice.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 13 May 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.