Stuffed Bhavnagri Chillies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25974 times
These delectable moong dal stuffed chillies can double up as elegant starters and also make a great side vegetable when served with dal and rice. Bhavnagri chillies are a large variety of mild green chillies. You can substitute these chillies with capsicum if you like!
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder and sauté.
- Add the moong dal and salt and mix well.
- Add some water and cook till the moong dal mixture is soft and leaves the sides of the pan. Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Fill the chillies with the stuffing mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the chillies and sauté them over a slow flame, turning them gently till all sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with dal and rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.