Stuffed Bajre Ke Parathe ( Home Remedies)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16733 times
Stuffed Bajre ke Parathe with a spicy chawli (long beans) and garlic filling makes a meal in itself. They go very well with chaas and all kinds of spicy pickles. Whole wheat flour is added to the bajra flour to make it easier to roll out the parathas. Enjoy these stuffed parathas for lunch or dinner.
- Combine the chawli, green chillies, garlic and coriander in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the asafoetida, ground chawli mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough separately into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 1 more paratha.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.