Stuffed Bajra Parathas, Bajra Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22650 times
Those who are not used to the rustic flavour and texture of bajra parathas often find it too dry. But, even they will find these Stuffed Bajra Parathas to be absolutely enjoyable. A filling of grated paneer perked up with aromatic fenugreek leaves and tangy tomatoes makes these Stuffed Parathas soft and super tasty too.
The Bajra Parathas have to be handled carefully as they tend to break easily. Make sure you seal the dough circles well, and also take care to handle the parathas gently when you lift them and lay them on the Tava to cook.
Enjoy them for Breakfast or as a One Dish Meal .
- Combine the bajra flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough hot water. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the stuffing over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle), using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 2 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.