Stuffed Bajra Parathas ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18940 times
Fear not the elaborate, for the end result is definately worth a bite. To keep a check on calories, cook each paratha with 1/2 tsp of low fat butter.
- Combine the bajra flour and salt together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough hot water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll out each portion into thin rotis. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 125 mm (5") diameter circle
- Place a dough circle on a flat dry surface and spread a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Place another dough circle on top, seal the edges tightly and cook on a tava using 1 tsp butter till both sides are light brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining 14 dough circles and stuffing to make 7 more parathas. Serve hot with the pickle or vegetable of your choice.
- Bajra parathas have to be handled carefully as they break easily. Hence seal the dough circles properly and gently put on a tava (griddle) to cook.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.