Stuffed Apples in Saffron Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8515 times
A delicately flavoured stuffing elevates the simple apple to an ambrosial delight!
- Cut the apples into halves and core the centres.
- Warm the saffron and rub with a little water until it leaves colour. Keep aside.
- Mix together the sugar, lemon juice, 2 cups of water and the apples in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame until they are soft.
- Remove the apples from the syrup and keep aside.
- Boil the syrup until thick. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Blend together all the ingredients in a mixer till smooth and creamy. Keep aside.
- Stuff each half of the apples with 2 tablespoons of the stuffing.
- Arrange them on a plate and pour the syrup on top. Refrigerate to chill.
- Serve chilled garnished with almonds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 233 cal|
|Protein|| 7.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 47.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Potassium|| 162.6 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.