Strawberry Sponge Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 617 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42546 times
A Swiss Roll presentation with strawberries and custard rolled within thin lightened sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C (400 degree F).
- Line a 200 mm. into 300 mm. (8" into 12") Swiss roll tin with grease-proof or waxed paper and set aside.
- Ina bowl, mix the ingredients with the orange rind and 30 ml. of water and beat well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared Swiss roll tin and smoothen the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the sponge is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with the fingertips.
- Dissolve the custard powder in a little cold milk.
- Boil the rest of the milk with the sugar.
- Add the custard powder and simmer for a few minutes.
- Cool and keep aside in the refrigerator.
- Soak the sponge lightly with the refrigerated soaking syrup.
- Spread the cold custard on the sponge.
- Spoon the strawberry filling evenly over the custard.
- Carefully lift one end of the greaseproof paper and roll up the sponge.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Arrange the whole strawberries over and around the roll. Sprinkle the castor sugar over it.
- Serve chilled.
- The baked sponge should be rolled while still warm as other wise it could harden or crack and become difficult to roll.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.