Strawberry Mousse Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36391 times
Strawberry is gifted with a flavour that is exquisite and cheery at the same time, making it a favourite of all classes of people, be it the choosy connoisseurs or the dashing youngsters! in this strawberry mousse cake, vanilla sponge cake is sandwiched with a filling of whipped cream, strawberries and white chocolate. The entire cake is covered with whipped cream to give a rich, creamy texture, and garnished with chocolate triangles and sliced strawberries to give a classy look.
- Combine the strawberries and ½ tbsp of sugar in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain. Strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Add the vanilla essence, strawberry-sugar mixture, lemon juice and red colour and fold gently.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar and beaten whipped cream and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the soaking syrup.
- Spread all the filling evenly on the soaked layer of the cake using a palate knife.
- Place the top layer of the sponge cake over it and soak it with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread the beaten whipped cream evenly on the top and the sides of the cake using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the filling sets.
- Garnish with the chocolate triangles on the sides of the cake and place the strawberries along the circumference of the cake followed by a few chocolate chips and place the strawberry fan in the centre of the cake as shown in the image.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.