Strawberry Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22110 times
Have you ever thought of combining crunchy red strawberries and fluffy soft paneer into an irresistible mousse? Although strawberries are seasonal, this mousse is surely worth a try when you can lay your hands on this juicy fruit. Here, the use of lemon juice is imperative as it brings out the full flavour of the strawberries. The paneer performs well as a setting agent to give just the right consistency to this mousse.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and mash gently using the back of a spoon. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, 1 tbsp of milk, strawberry crush and powdered sugar in a mixer and blend it to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Combine the agar-agar, remaining milk and ¼ cup water in a deep non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and place the bowl in a deep vessel filled with ice-cubes. Whisk the agar-agar-milk mixture continuously for 8 to 10 minutes or till the mixture cools and thickens and till no lumps remain.
- Add the paneer-strawberry mixture, mashed strawberries and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the whipped cream and fold gently.
- Spoon four equal portions of the mixture in equal quantities into 4 individual glasses and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve chilled.
- Approx. 3 gms of agar-agar gives 2 tbsp of powdered agar-agar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.