Strawberry Cheese Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 198 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12706 times
An elegant, colourful cheesecake which your guests will love.
- Mix the biscuits and butter and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a 175 or 200 mm. (7" or 8") diameter loose bottom tin.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Mix the gelatine in 3/4 teacup of cold water and warm on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Add the gelatine, curds and sugar to the vanilla ice-cream.
- Place the vessel over warm water and stir until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Mix the strawberry puree, cornflour, sugar and 3/4 teacup of water.
- Put to boil and go on stirring until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Add the lemon juice and colouring.
- Arrange a few sliced strawberries over the crust and pour the filling over it. Put to set in the refrigerator.
- Beat the cream and sugar until thick.
- Remove the set pie from the tin and put on serving plate.
- Pipe the cream with a star nozzle around the edges of the pie.
- Pour the sauce in the centre. Chill.
- Cut into slices and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.