by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25313 times
This Stewed Rice is very unique in that it does not use any spices or sauces. Yet, it is amazingly flavourful and aromatic, all thanks to the magic of the vegetables used. Veggies like capsicum and spring onions have their own innate flavour, which get easily transferred to the food they are cooked in, and that property comes across very beautifully in this recipe. Other veggies like cauliflower, carrots and baby corn add colour and texture to this bowlful of rice, which is soothingly cooked in milk and vegetable sauce. You are sure to fall in love with this elegant dish, studded beautifully with colourful veggies!
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add the capsicum and spring onion whites and greens and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, baby corn, capsicum, carrots and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the milk, vegetable stock and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the rice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.