by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18047 times
A recipe that is versatile and is used in many low cal delicacies. To save on time, you can make fresh stewed fruits well in advance and refrigerate them. You can make a healthy sweet using only a single stewed fruit like peaches in Crunchy Peach Custard, page 59, or use a blend of fruits with other flavours like chocolate as in Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce, page 91.
- Peel the fruit and keep aside.
- Heat ¾ cup of water and the lemon juice in a non-stick pan.
- Add the fruit and cook until soft.
- Cool and use as required.
- For Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce, use a combination of all fruits.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.