Steamed Curry Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10917 times
The fragrance of basil, tartness of lemon and soothing coconut milk flavors all go into to making this recipe a super success. Infused with Thai flavors, the rice is mixed with red Thai curry ingredients and cooked first, before being sealed inside a banana leaf and steamed once again. Delicious!
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic paste and red chilli paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, all the boiled vegetables, basil, lemon rind and salt and bring the coconut milk to a boil.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Turn this flavoured rice onto the centre of a banana leaf (kitchen foil can be used as substitute).
- Fold the leaf into a square packet and steam in a steamer till done.
- Red chilli paste is made by soaking dry red chillies in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes and then grinding it to a fine paste.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.