Sprouts Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35200 times
This yummy khichdi made with mixed sprouts has a hint of subtle spices like onions and garlic. If your baby enjoys these, it will ensure that meal times are splatter free and more enjoyable. Fresh curds make a perfect accompaniment for this khichdi.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds
- Add ¾ cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid
- Coarsely mash the khichdi using the back of a spoon and serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
| 139 kcal|| 3.6 gm|| 25.0 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 13.4 mg|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.