Sprouts Kadhi ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22818 times
The humble kadhi gets an extra shot of nutrition with the addition of sprouts! With just everyday spices, the Sprouts Kadhi gets an enchanting aroma and flavour. Use low-fat curds to pull this nutritious and fibre-rich kadhi further down the calorie counter. For a truly memorable meal, serve hot with Oats Khichdi, page 62.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chillies and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, green chilli paste, chilli powder and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add the curds-besan mixture to the prepared sprouts mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 96 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 11.6 gm|
|Fat|| 2.0 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
|Iron|| 0.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.