Sprouted Rajma and Methi Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10547 times
Looks good; tastes good! A perfect blend of spices makes this pulao a chartbuster. Cooking in a pressure cooker makes it a worry-free choice for weight-watchers!
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, rajma and turmeric powder, mix well and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the rice, garam masala, salt and 3½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Separate each grain of rice with a fork and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.