Sprouted Kala Chana Ambti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21572 times
To my surprise, many of my friends were unaware that kala chana (black vatana) is available at most grocery shops. Therefore I've introduced this kala chana recipe for all its good protein qualities. This pulse requires long and slow cooking similar to kidney beans (rajma) but sprouting helps to reduce its cooking time and adds on to its vitamin and mineral content.
- Wash the chana and pressure cook it for 3 to 4 whistles. Drain and keep aside.
- Mix the tamarind with ½ cup of water and leave aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze out tamarind water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, asafoetida and red chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chilli and the tamarind water and mix well.
- Add the turmeric, jaggery, cooked chana, ajwain and salt and cook over a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Amt||Energy||Protein||Cho||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F. Acid||Fibre|
|24 gm||97 kcal||3.5 gm||14.5 gm||2.8 gm||54.1 mcg||0.6 mg||43.3 mg||1.0 mg||38.4 mcg||0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.