by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17578 times
This combination of rice and sprouted legumes (matki) improves the protein quality of the recipe which also provides a good amount of iron, folic acid and vitamin C. We have used matki in this recipe but you can use any other sprouted legume or a combination if you like. This is another good dish for the " tiffin box " to take to work. Your family will love it too.
- Heat the oil, add the cloves and asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the green chilli, ginger, capsicum and spring onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and the matki and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of water and salt and simmer over a slow flame till the matki is cooked.
- Add the rice and toss well.
- Serve hot, garnished with the chopped tomato and coriander.
- To sprout matki, soak in water for 6 to 8 hours. Then tie them in a damp muslin cloth. They will sprout in about 24 to 36 hours in warm weather.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.