Spring Rolls, Chinese Veg Spring Roll Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1476 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 631507 times
The Spring Roll is a Chinese dish that has become so popular that it is now available in bakeries, roadside eateries and posh restaurants too! In fact, frozen Spring Rolls are also readily available in most supermarkets.
However, nothing can beat the impact of creating this all-time favourite in your own kitchen, perfectly customised to your taste and enjoyed right off the frying pan! Here, a scrumptious filling of sautéed veggies and noodles perked up with tangy sauces is packed inside readymade spring roll wrappers and deep-fried till crisp.
It is always better to cut the Spring Rolls before serving because it helps the insides cool and avoids the spilling of shredded veggies when you bite into it. Nothing matches this treat as aptly as Schezwan Sauce, so remember to serve it along with the Spring Rolls.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and saute on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, cabbage, noodles and cook on a high flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a wrapper on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the filing mixture in one corner of the wrapper.
- Roll over the wrapper till ¾th.
- Fold over from both the sides one by one towards the centre.
- Finally roll it completely and seal the edge using a little maida-water mixture.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 6 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick pan and deep-fry, 2 rolls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and cut each roll diagonally into 3 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with schezaun sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.