by Tarla Dalal
Added to 337 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50697 times
These tasty spring rolls are packed with lots of vegetables. They contain a lot of ingredients and are a little tedious to make but are worth the effort. Drain the filling thoroughly to ensure a dry, cohesive mixture and to seal the rolls securely so they won't break open during frying.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high flame. Add the spring onion whites, vegetables, bean sprouts and ajinomoto and stir fry over a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, spring onion greens, soya sauce and salt and cook for 2 more minutes. Cool and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ½ cup of water. Mix very well until no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with the butter.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and tilt it around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides start to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Keep aside on a clean dry surface.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make more pancakes, greasing the pan with butter when required.
- Place one pancake on a dry surface and spoon a little of the stuffing mixture on one top end of the pancake.
- Apply a little cornflour paste along the edges.
- Fold the top and press firmly to seal, the mixture. Fold the left and the right sides of the pancake in order to get a rectangle.
- Roll the pancake tightly, sealing the ends securely with flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the remaining spring rolls.
- Deep fry in hot oil till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut each roll at an angle into two and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.