Spring Rolls ( Thai Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 430 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 101361 times
Sumptuous and mouth-watering Spring Rolls make a perfect starter for a Thai feast. Stuffed with crunchy and colourful veggies, perfectly cooked noodles and flavour enhancers like green chillies and coriander, these Spring Rolls offer an ideal balance of flavour and texture.
The use of garlic and coriander gives this snack an inimitable Thai character.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, noodles, green chillies, garlic, soya sauce, coriander, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a wrapper on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the filing mixture in one corner of the wrapper. Refer image 1.
- Roll over the wrapper till ¾th. Refer step 2 and 3.
- Fold over from both the sides one by one towards the centre. Refer image 4.
- Finally roll it completely and seal the edge using little water.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 3 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick kadhai and deep-fry, 2 rolls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and cut each roll into 3 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.